Where in the World are We?

To see where in the world we've been:

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Albatross, Fort Tairaroa

We drove to the end of the Otago peninsula to check out the Albatross.  I read the Rime of the Ancient Mariner on the way over -

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the Albatross
About my neck was hung.

Moral of the story - is you are mean to animals all of your friends will die and you will be cursed forever.  I couldn't agree more.

Red billed gull was jealous of all the attention.

Interesting seaweed!


Finally, an albatross appeared!

What a huge, majestic bird!

Compare the wing shape and size to the duck (or scag?) below.  They can fly for a really long time without much energy, because they let the wind so all the work.

While seeing the albatross was AMAZING, I also really liked seeing the flocks of ducks and scags fly by.  Lovely way to pass the time.





No comments:

Post a Comment