Where in the World are We?

To see where in the world we've been:

Thursday, February 20, 2014

2-19 San Gervasio, Cozumel, Mexico

Yesterday was a busy day - we rented a car and drove around the island. we started at the Mayan ruins of San Gervasio, which I promptly renamed the Lizard Palace (no need to explain, I don't think). Caryl amused himself and reminisced about his childhood while chasing baby iguanas into their hiding places. We paused midday for a quick swim, lunch, and sodas on the beach - no drinking and driving (or drinking and navigating, in my case). After returning the car, we found a small taqueteria in town with pretty good tacos. Some pictures below of our new friends (I have more pictures of lizards than ruins):














Today was equally eventful - we started the day early snorkeling. We saw rays, turtles, flounder, innumerable colorful fishies, and even flying fish! Unfortunately, Caryl dislocated his thumb jumping off the boat before even touching the water. He was able to pop it back in quickly, but had a hard time swimming. I cannot imagine what motivated him to keep going. Luckily, I got sea sick half way through, so we both sat out the last snorkel of the day, though we got to chat with Miguel, our captain, who entertained us with stories of month long fishing trips and getting seasick for 3 days during his first voyage. Tomorrow, peaceful snorkeling by the hotel for us! (And laundry!)

My attempt at immobilizing the injury:

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at and reading your blog! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures and explaining what they are! That is too bad about Caryl hurting his thumb!! I hope it heals quickly and is back to new! It looks like you are having a great time and seeing very cool things and places! I have been thinking about you alot! I love and miss you both! Mom/Dep

    ReplyDelete